The After Look With Charldia

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Windows and Doors



Have you ever thought about how many doors you have walked through or how many windows you have looked through in your life? It would be an impossible task. But we know that the doors we've walked through and the windows we have looked through have shaped our lives. The Bible has many references to doors and windows, including warnings of some to avoid. The window of the Ark was opened by Noah to check on receding waters. Rahab
brought the spies in through the window. Solomon refers to the Beloved gazing through the window peering though the lattice. Jesus is referred to as the Door. And we've all heard about windows of opportunity and "God doesn't close one door without opening another. A few years ago I participated in an art challenge where we were asked to do a collage based on a favorite quote. So I used my own quote, " TREASURE EVERY WINDOW YOU LOOK THROUGH, EVERY DOOR YOU WALK THROUGH, FOR EACH IS A PUZZLE PIECE OF LIFE." I also wrote a poem about it. Revelation 3:20 NIV Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person and he with me. Proverbs 8:34 NIV Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway.

No comments:

Post a Comment