The After Look With Charldia

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Importance of Mine Eyes

The term mine eyes is used numerously throughout the old and new testament. With that many references it is easy to determine that mine eyes are very important. And of course we know how valuable our eyes are to us: for work, play, travel, chores, reading, entertainment, enjoying nature, for virtually almost everything we do. If you read polls and studies that have been made, when asked, "If something happened and you lost one of your senses, which would you most hate to lose? By far, the majority always answered sight. So we know how important sight is, but also, the eyes themselves are treasured beauties. Many people will tell you they fell in love with someone because of their eyes. Most romantic poets include descriptive romantic lines of being lost in the depth of the shimmering blue (green, brown, etc.) pools of your eyes. Even Solomon poetically said, Song of Solomon 7:4 Thy neck is as a tower of ivory; thine eyes like the fishpools in Heshbon, by the gate of Bath–rabbim: thy nose is as the tower of Lebanon which looketh toward Damascus. The Bible tells us many things about our eyes and our sight and what we should or should not do with it. Our eyes are made to look up to Him for help, to praise Him, to cry, weep, and lament with. But we are warned over and over not to use them for lust, or to look upon ungodly objects with. He warns us to be careful about what we put before our eyes. I am not going to say but one more thing, then I'll give you some scriptures to ponder. As I said, The eyes are the window to the soul, the Bible tells us what we see with our eyes settles in our heart. What kind of movies and shows are you putting before your eyes to settle in your heart? Job 31:1 KJV I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid? Lamentations 3:51 KJV Mine eye affecteth mine heart because of all the daughters of my city. Psalms 101:3 KJV I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. Luke 2:30 KJV For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, Psalms 26:3 KJV For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth. Psalms 121:1 KJV I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.I

No comments:

Post a Comment